Show Your Multi-Media Skills with Interactive Portfolios
As a multi-media artist, you have a unique set of skills that can be difficult to showcase in a traditional portfolio. Interactive portfolios allow you to present your work in a more engaging way, giving potential clients and employers a better sense of your creativity and technical skills.
5 Themes to Elevate Your Interactive Portfolio Displays
There are many different ways to create an interactive portfolio, but some themes are more effective than others. Here are five themes that can help you elevate your interactive portfolio displays:
Alex Weir is a Glasgowbased artist and illustrator and the name behind SMEX art one of the top online portfolios A logo of a cap adds a nice touch to his art website alongside the bold SMEX text catching visitors39 attentionHowever with Canva 20 you can now ensure that your digital portfolio stands out by enlisting the help of our Animation feature Once youve created your design using Canva click Publish Next a dropdown menu will appear From there click Animation You are now able to choose how you would like to animate your design14 Ania Hobson Ania Hobsons art portfolio greets viewers with a fullscreen image of one of her awardwinning group portrait paintings The image is presented in the highest qualitythe paints texture is tangible and we can see the movement of the artists
brushstrokesThe Plane White installation is interactive digital experience for Kandinskys famed painting Composition VIII Kandinsky himself was a synesthete meaning he lived with a psychological condition that made him hear colors he associated each shade with a specific musical note making a entire artwork signify a finished song This could get overwhelming but this graphic designer is an expert with negative space using careful visual composition to draw the eye and make a statement 2 Morag Myerscough Bright graphics animations and clean design make this an exceptional graphic design portfolio1 Evelyn Tan Preview Evelyn Tan is an artist based in LA and her work is a hybrid of traditional and digital illustration starting the piece in graphite and coloring digitally from the scanned image
The portfolio website has a menu section on the top right that gives you easy access to different work stylesFeminist artists like Judy Chicago and Miriam Schapiro challenged the distinction between textiles and fine art embracing techniques that were traditionally relegated to the realm of womens crafts such as sewing and quilting Below weve compiled a list of 10 artists that have continued to push the envelope in this field from Rafaël Rozendaal Rafael Rozandaal is an artist for whom the Internet is at once brush canvas and subject matter He even got the word INTERNET tattooed on the inside of his bottom lip Rafaël Rozendaal Into Time with mirrors 2012 courtesy of artist
- Storytelling. One of the best ways to engage your audience is to tell a story with your work. This could involve creating a narrative arc, using characters or other elements to draw the viewer in, or simply using your work to express your own personal experiences.
- Interactivity. Interactive portfolios aren’t just about looking good; they should also be interactive. This means giving your viewers the opportunity to explore your work, click on links, and otherwise engage with the content.
- Motion. Motion can be a powerful tool for creating a sense of dynamism and excitement in your portfolio. This could involve using animated elements, incorporating video or sound, or simply creating a sense of movement through the use of color and typography.
- Originality. When it comes to interactive portfolios, there’s no such thing as a one-size-fits-all approach. The best portfolios are those that are unique and reflect the individual artist’s style. Don’t be afraid to experiment with different themes and ideas until you find something that feels right for you.
- Professionalism. Even though your portfolio is an expression of your creativity, it’s important to make sure it’s also professional. This means using high-quality images and video, proofreading your text, and ensuring that your website is easy to navigate.
By following these tips, you can create an interactive portfolio that showcases your multi-media skills in a way that’s engaging, interactive, and professional. So what are you waiting for? Start creating your portfolio today!